Saturday, November 3, 2007

When I wake up in the morning, I have no desire to do anything. What can I do?
NOTHING LEFT TO LIVE FOR

Goth Kid replies:
You sound depressed. It's natural. I wake up every day and wonder why I'm still living. The only answer I come up with is to spread the misery that plagues me, plagues my soul. What is a soul? People, conformists, say that the soul is incorporeal essence residing in every living being. I say it is a farce, a gimmick created by happy people who look for something to hope for after death. Hope, that's a laugh. All that comes from hope is heartbreak, not that my heart isn't broken. Sure, it beats. It does its job pushing blood through my living corpse. This idea that the heart does anything besides its biological function makes me want it to stop beating altogether. Death is all that comes from life. Life is pain. Death ends that pain.

1 comment:

Justin R. said...

read Oblomov by Ivan Goncharov. Nobody ponders why to get out of bed like the Russians. And, by the way Goth Kid, anyone has the capability to feel sorry for his or herself, just like anyone has the capability of convincing his or herself of the farce of the afterlife. Nihilism is equally ignorant and almost never convincing. If death is all you have to look forward to, then what are you waiting for. But you're writing a blog? There must be something convincing you to perpetuate your own existence, and fear of death is hardly enough.